Nearly one in ten Australia households are in housing stress. A startling 460,000 households spend more than half of their income on housing costs.
It’s time to make some noise about housing affordability
Housing affordability affects renters, home owners, parents, the community and future generations.
It’s time to let our government know that Australians are struggling.
Government action needs to be coordinated to deliver the goal of affordable housing, by providing:
- More low cost rental housing
- More opportunities for low income households to get into home ownership
- Better financial assistance for low income renters
- Revised housing investment tax arrangements to put them on a fairer footing with other investments
- Options to make home ownership easier for first home buyers
- A clear national plan to deliver affordable housing to all Australians
Share your housing stress here