I wrote an opinion piece for ABC’s The Drum on the failings of our tax system when it comes to housing. To read it click here
The Federal Government’s tax summit kicks off in Canberra this week, but a failure to address the tax incentives that drive up house prices will condemn future generations to high housing costs and financial insecurity.
The top issue at the tax summit ought to be the issue of tax deductibility of housing investment losses and the inflationary impacts that tax loopholes have on the housing market.
- Alliance of community groups launches petition to reform negative gearing
- Affordable Housing Reform Agenda launched
- Time to look at real solutions to Australia’s housing affordability crisis – ACOSS
- CEOs appeal to Minister to end funding uncertainty – Homelessness Australia
- Report on Government Services 2015 Released