Australians for Affordable Housing called on Tasmanians to join the campaign for more affordable housing as it launched in Hobart today, revealing which councils are hit the hardest by housing stress.
New modelling commissioned by AAH shows the Hobart council areas where both renters and home purchasers struggle with high housing costs. Continue reading »
Australians for Affordable Housing is calling on Tasmanians to join the campaign for more affordable housing, revealing which local council areas across the state are hit the hardest by housing stress.
New modelling commissioned by the campaign shows the Northern Tassie towns where housing stress is affecting with renters and home buyers alike. Continue reading »
On Monday, we released the analysis ‘Australia’s broken housing system’ [linked], revealing that housing costs are not only the biggest cost to household budgets, but also the fastest rising. Housing costs have increased an average of 55% over the last six years.
- Alliance of community groups launches petition to reform negative gearing
- Affordable Housing Reform Agenda launched
- Time to look at real solutions to Australia’s housing affordability crisis – ACOSS
- CEOs appeal to Minister to end funding uncertainty – Homelessness Australia
- Report on Government Services 2015 Released