Australians are missing out on affordable housing according to the COAG Reform Council’s report released today.
We at AAH think it’s time for action.
Commonwealth, States and Territories must redouble their efforts to deliver affordable housing programs given the COAG Reform Council indication of a significant failure to deliver on promised commitments in critical areas of housing. Continue reading »
In the decade from 2001 to 2010 Australia grew by over 1 million households, but lost 5,308 social housing properties.
This is contributing to housing stress in the rental market, where one in four renters are in housing stress.
While the Federal Government’s Nation Building Stimulus gave a much-needed boost to social housing, this funding is set to run out next year. Continue reading »
- Alliance of community groups launches petition to reform negative gearing
- Affordable Housing Reform Agenda launched
- Time to look at real solutions to Australia’s housing affordability crisis – ACOSS
- CEOs appeal to Minister to end funding uncertainty – Homelessness Australia
- Report on Government Services 2015 Released