I wrote an opinion piece for ABC’s The Drum on the failings of our tax system when it comes to housing. To read it click here
Figures from the ATO confirm that tax breaks for housing are out of control with investors claiming $30 billion in rental losses, including millions on travel, stationery and ‘sundry’ expenses.
- Alliance of community groups launches petition to reform negative gearing
- Affordable Housing Reform Agenda launched
- Time to look at real solutions to Australia’s housing affordability crisis – ACOSS
- CEOs appeal to Minister to end funding uncertainty – Homelessness Australia
- Report on Government Services 2015 Released