Australians for Affordable Housing (AAH) today revealed the extent of housing stress across Sydney, and the top five housing stressed council areas.
New modelling commissioned by AAH shows the Sydney Local Government areas where renters and home purchasers are struggling with high housing costs – and the figures are dire.
AAH Campaign Manager Sarah Toohey said that people in Auburn suffered most with 28% experiencing housing stress, while Fairfield had the highest proportion of people experiencing both mortgage stress (34%) and private rental stress (51%).
- Alliance of community groups launches petition to reform negative gearing
- Affordable Housing Reform Agenda launched
- Time to look at real solutions to Australia’s housing affordability crisis – ACOSS
- CEOs appeal to Minister to end funding uncertainty – Homelessness Australia
- Report on Government Services 2015 Released