Australians for Affordable Housing is urging South Australians to campaign for more affordable housing as it launches new data on where housing stress is hitting Adelaide the hardest.
New research commissioned by the campaign shows the suburbs where both renters and home purchasers struggle with high housing costs. Continue reading »
On Monday, we released the analysis ‘Australia’s broken housing system’ [linked], revealing that housing costs are not only the biggest cost to household budgets, but also the fastest rising. Housing costs have increased an average of 55% over the last six years.
- Alliance of community groups launches petition to reform negative gearing
- Affordable Housing Reform Agenda launched
- Time to look at real solutions to Australia’s housing affordability crisis – ACOSS
- CEOs appeal to Minister to end funding uncertainty – Homelessness Australia
- Report on Government Services 2015 Released