Australians for Affordable Housing Campaign Manager
Position Title Campaign Manager
Salary Range $70,637 – $81,115
Status 1.0 FTE 6 month initial contract
Reports to VCOSS and AAH Steering Committee
Located Melbourne CBD
Last updated August 2012
To raise the public profile of the problem of affordable housing in Australia and the policy solutions needed to address it.
Australians for Affordable Housing is a campaign established by national housing, welfare and community sector organisations to highlight the problem of housing affordability in Australia. Over 70 organisations and more than 900 individuals are signed up to the campaign to call on state and federal governments to make housing affordable for all Australians.
The campaign is governed by a steering committee which includes: Australian Council of Social Service, Community Housing Federation of Australia, Homelessness Australia, National Shelter, National Association of Tenant Organisations, PowerHousing Australia, and is chaired by Paul McDonald, CEO of Anglicare Victoria
The role will be employed by the Victorian Council of Social Service(VCOSS) under the VCOSS EBA.
This position reports to the AAH Steering Committee with work directed by the AAH Chair and supervised by VCOSS.
The position manages the work of two consultants to the campaign.
- Act as the campaign’s media spokesperson to promote issues of affordable housing in Australia, and the policies needed to address them;
- Develop and pitch media stories on housing affordability, draft media releases and secure media coverage for the campaign;
- Develop research, statistics and other story material for use in the media;
- Represent the campaign at events and public engagements;
- Disseminate information to campaign partners and prepare campaign updates;
- Maintain online campaign activities through the campaign website, facebook page and twitter account.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Understanding and commitment to the objectives and values of the AAH campaign.
- Demonstrated ability to secure media coverage and communicate policy in the media.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and manage campaigns.
- Knowledge of the Australian political system and the workings of federal and state governments.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, build alliances, and manage conflict.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Tertiary qualification in communications, journalism or social policy.
- Knowledge of housing policy, issues around affordable housing, and urban policy in the Australian context is desirable.
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday 29 August 2011. Please forward an application addressing the key selection criteria and a current CV to email@example.com.
For inquiries contact Sarah Toohey, Campaign Manager on (03) 9235 1019.
Sign up and support!