In an unprecedented move, CEOs of more than 50 homelessness agencies and social welfare bodies have united to warn the Federal Government that thousands of vulnerable people could be thrown into homelessness if national homelessness funding is allowed to expire.
A jointly signed open letter to Federal Minister for Social Services, Scott Morrison from the CEOs of more than 50 services including Homelessness Australia, The Salvation Army, St Vincent de Paul Society, Mission Australia and ACOSS appeals to the Federal Government to end the uncertainty surrounding the National Partnership Agreement on Homelessness (NPAH), which expires on 30 June 2015.
Read more on Homelessness Australia’s website here.
- Alliance of community groups launches petition to reform negative gearing
- Affordable Housing Reform Agenda launched
- Time to look at real solutions to Australia’s housing affordability crisis – ACOSS
- CEOs appeal to Minister to end funding uncertainty – Homelessness Australia
- Report on Government Services 2015 Released