In August this year the Western Sydney Housing Coalition wrote to candidates in Western Sydney seats for the 2013 Federal election to ask their positions on housing affordability. They have asked me to post the responses here. Each can be downloaded below.
Please note: This was not an activity of Australians for Affordable Housing and posting is not necessarily an endorsement of the content, but we are cross posting here in support of a group that we think are doing great work for the people of Western Sydney.
The Western Sydney Housing Coalition is a group of community groups who have been working on local housing issues, including hosting forums to address the issues and seek solutions to housing needs. In November 2012, we held a forum on affordable housing, from which we produced an issues paper, which we submitted to the NSW State Government white paper on planning. This campaign is the next step, in producing workable solutions to this critical issue.
- Alliance of community groups launches petition to reform negative gearing
- Affordable Housing Reform Agenda launched
- Time to look at real solutions to Australia’s housing affordability crisis – ACOSS
- CEOs appeal to Minister to end funding uncertainty – Homelessness Australia
- Report on Government Services 2015 Released