This year we’re going to ramp up the campaign for affordable housing and with your continued help, we’re hoping to make a difference.
We have been busy planning out the next 12 months and next week we will be launching a major federal budget bid. We know that only the involvement of the Federal Government can deliver affordable housing to all Australians and we’ll be telling the Federal Government exactly what needs to happen to make housing more affordable.
Along with our budget statement we’ll continue to campaign for:
- A clear national plan to deliver affordable housing to all Australians
- More low cost rental housing
- More opportunities for low income households to get into home ownership
- Better financial assistance for low income renters
- Fairer housing investment tax arrangements
- Options to make home ownership easier for first home buyers
We’ll keep in touch about how you can help us reach these goals in the coming year, but in the mean time, help spread the word by sharing the campaign with friends, family and colleagues who are in housing stress or are concerned about the lack of affordable housing in Australia by clicking here.
You can also share your experience with rental and housing stress by completing our share your story action.
Thank you again for supporting the campaign and we look forward to your ongoing involvement in 2012.
All the best,
Australians for Affordable Housing
- Alliance of community groups launches petition to reform negative gearing
- Affordable Housing Reform Agenda launched
- Time to look at real solutions to Australia’s housing affordability crisis – ACOSS
- CEOs appeal to Minister to end funding uncertainty – Homelessness Australia
- Report on Government Services 2015 Released