New research shows that more than one in ten households face housing stress.
Australians for Affordable housing commissioned the National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling (NATSEM) to update rates of housing stress across the country.
The report, entitled Housing Costs Through the Roof: Australia’s Housing Stress shows how housing stress plays out in each state.
Nationally, 850,000 households are at risk of financial hardship and poverty after paying for housing costs.
To download the full report, with statistics on each state, click the link below.
- Alliance of community groups launches petition to reform negative gearing
- Affordable Housing Reform Agenda launched
- Time to look at real solutions to Australia’s housing affordability crisis – ACOSS
- CEOs appeal to Minister to end funding uncertainty – Homelessness Australia
- Report on Government Services 2015 Released